Thursday, February 17, 2011

User Illusion

  An illusion is a distortion of the senses, revealing how the brain normally organizes and interprets sensory stimulation(courtesy of Wikipedia my personal go-to source so I don't appear to un-educated). So this brings me to my thought of the day: "User Illusion" on Face Book. This has become the term I now use to describe what happens when people look at profile pictures and believe they are the actual person. The user of Face Book gets the picture in their head and even though the are completely intelligent they get an overload from the sexy picture's and the person that they portray. These fake images that are sometimes drawn or even a professional shot that was air brushed to complete perfection, leaves common sense behind for males and females. 
  
  I completely know what pictures are fake because I am almost obsessed with collecting the most desirable pictures I can find. I know that most of my friends are not Dragon's, Dogs, Motorcycles or Pamela Anderson look-a likes. So I do wonder why it's a shock when I respond that "No, the pictures are not of Me" (couldn't possibly be cause the women all look different) and well, as I am not opposed to plastic surgery, I have not yet underwent any. It's the internet, a place full of Illusions and where you can be anyone you want. Maybe your pictures should reflect your personality or mood as as you explore this faceless, nameless reality world we built. I change my picture according to my mood, sometimes you will find a gun staring right at your screen, at that point it's almost like a visual fire alarm ring in your eyes that I am pissed off. Maybe I am in love? I will display a scene with a couple so much in love that it makes you vomit a little in your mouth. See we all can play with pictures and have that little surprise when your post comes up or when you get "Poked" in Poke Wars. It's nice to keep people guessing which photo you will be today.
  
  Are "User Illusions" bad you ask????? No, I think most of us will go to a profile and check to see if they have real pictures, all the while being pleasantly surprised that their friend has a sensual or humorous side to their personality. Even some friend's profile have cutesy or dangerous names, something to make them stand out from the 100 million people in 2011 who are all sitting there in this vast black space we call Face Book( or as some call Crack Book due to it's addictive nature). All in all I have started to try and put up more pictures of the real me in order to keep my feet grounded in reality some days. It is okay to have your head up in the clouds but there is a time where the air is just too thin and you need to come back down to Earth. So here's to "User Illusions" be anyone You want to be but always be the best at being You!!!


♥ T.S

No comments:

Post a Comment