Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hiccups of Life

  I woke up today like any other day. But I once again woke up being completely sober and well just happy. I can't explain to people how happy I am but I just am. It most likely helped reading that I had inspired my good friend about how talented he is and he tagged me in his Face book status as doing so. So my morning has gotten off to a great start. So this made me think about Hiccups. Yes , I know it sounds weird and obscure but really think of this word. Wikipeda concludes that a  hiccup or hiccough (pronounced /ˈhɪkʌp/ HICK-up) is a contraction of the diaphragm that repeats several times per minute. In humans, the abrupt rush of air into the lungs causes the vocal cords to close, creating a "hic" sound. "What the hell does this have to do with life Tracy???" you may ask, well I will tell you. 
  
  I wake up every morning and read my friends status's on Face Book, I know it's hard to believe that people actually care but I do. I figure that if you write it, I read it and I do my best. So I see alot of hurt and pain everyday. I see people who have lost their jobs, losing their homes, battling cancer, a death in the family and so on. I too have either been there, was there or will be there soon so I can understand the hurt and pain. I am almost losing my home, jobless, have had the person I trusted most walk out on me and I never tell anyone this but I have Lupus and used to get really sick but lately I haven't even had a cold. I have worries also but I think about the word Hiccup, yep, that's my life full of Hiccups. Think about it this way. Break the word down with me. Rush of air (aka STRUGGLE) into lungs (aka HOPE), what does it do? puts pressure on your diaphragm (aka LIFE) of which it has to expel a sound of a hic' ( aka SOLUTION). So these life issues are really just one big Hiccup. They are completely annoying and you notice them when you have them but when they are gone you don't even notice that you lost them. 
  
  So I guess my point really is, is that everybody gets HICCUPS, sometimes at embarrassing or inappropriate  times like in meetings or for some it's an extended time frame like the guy who's had HICCUPS for 69 years and 5 months ( GOOGLE The Hiccup Page). That poor man!!! Thankfully our hiccups come and go.


  But all in all we eventually forget the discomfort of those annoying rushes of air and just get back to living our lives as well as we can. To all my friends embrace your HICCUPS and let's learn and share the solutions that we have found to make those silly little things in life less annoying!!!!! Maybe a HICCUP can even give You a good laugh or two ?? 
T.S ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment